When our house was renovated to accommodate our new room, we knew we had to resort to customized furniture because of its odd shape. We just can't pluck ready-made furniture. In our hunt for customized furniture shops, we ended with one in Market Market which we won't recommend (we'll tell you why after the jump). We think that if we expanded our choices, we could've gotten a better deal. In this post, we would like to share with you some of the customized furniture shops in Manila to help you with your home interior design. With customized furniture, home interior design or decorating can be a lot cheaper.
1. Mandaue Foam - based on the comments we see on some forums, they highly recommend this furniture shop. They offer a 10% discount on cash purchases. One of them shares price ranges: 3-seater sofa from Php8k (approximately $180) to Php 10k; dining table from Php12k to Php9.6k; area rug from Php 2.4k to less than Php 2k.
2. Janthan's Furniture - for Janthan we were only able to get their addresses, specifically:
Factory: 1025 TAYAG ST CM RECTO Angeles City Pampanga
Showrooms: 2nd Level Lifestyle Center Greenhills Shopping Mall and 3rd Level, Home Market, Market Market Taguig
3. Caloocan Sash Factories - Not specific. A user commented that she had 8-seater dining set (square) + console table + framed mirror + full size bed with pull-out bed, all for Php 31,000. Click here for the photos. We contacted the user and we'll update this as soon as we hear from her.
4. Hazel Sash and Wood Crafts- located in Zabarte, Quezon City, we learned that there's a line of customized furniture shops there. A reader was quoted Php 7,500 for a mahogany bed.
5. A'Quinto Furniture - A'Quinto furniture are pricey. But they explain why they charge a lot for their furniture. Click here to find out.
6. Mickey Dideles - their multiply site is very helpful because it gives you the dimensions of their products. We are not really sure about the quality of their products but we like that white sofa set pictured above. *shout out to Mickey Dideles (or any furniture company, big or small), please come up with clearer and better photos*
7. Woodhaven - Woodhaven as its name implies specializes on wood furniture. Their products range from consoles to buffet cabinets, from accent pieces to dining tables.
Upon further searching, we saw a website that lists exporters of Philippine-made furniture named philippinedecor. We think a handful of these can accommodate your customization needs. Click here to go the website.
Before we forget, we got that customized mahogany bed from Inhukit in Market Market for Php 25,000. The bed, being bulky, had go through our balcony instead. It had major scratches so we had to ask if they can go back to get it fixed. We never heard from them.
We're turning off comment moderation. Please share with us your experiences and tips on having a customized furniture.